The following steps need to be taken in ABC’s production environment, using DotNetNuke (a commercially available, scalable solution, featuring an integrated content management system [CMS] that allows for growth and customizations including customizations with Personify).
For a successful rollout, chapters will go through the following plan over an approximate 90 day period.
- Requirements Gathering
- Template selection
- Template A as seen on ABC Metro Washington- NEW!
- Template B as seen on ABC Central Ohio - NEW!
- Taxonomy (menu items, page headers, etc.)
- Content Assessment
- Identify Functionality required
- Blogging functionality (already integrated and available for each chapter)
- Photo Galleries (already integrated and available for each chapter)
- Calendar of Events including online payments (already integrated and available for each chapter)
- Forms (already integrated and available for each chapter)
- ABC Project Map
- Construction Business Network (utilizes LinkedIn)
- Other (generally these are phase 2 implementations that are not integrated or implementations that will occur when Personify is connected)
- Chapters are trained in conjunction with their content migration.
- As chapters progress and understand the basic concepts, we add new responsibilities and additional training
- Chapters and National IT staff tests the functionality of the website and does a final check of the content.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Launch Site
If you're interested in getting the new site, contact Danielle Lambert
at National via email to get on the list.